Documents & Forms
Baptising Your Child Information Sheet
Southern Cross Baptism Form
The Spiritual Rights Of Your Child.
1. The right to know and love God
2. The Right to participate in a living community of faith
3. The right to religious and moral education from informed parents
4. The right to hear the Word of God anf have it explained
5. The right to active participation in community worship
6. The right to be of service to others
7. The right to pray freely
8. The right to live in a home with faith I God as the heart of daily life
A Catholic Family Is Different
In an age when many individuals approach their relationships as ways of seeking their own pleasure, interests, or gain, John Paul II constantly reminded us that such self-assertion is a dead end that will never lead to the love and happiness we long for. Human persons are made for self-giving love, not a self-getting love, and they will find fulfillment only when they give themselves in service to others.
When a couple agrees to contraceptive intercourse they harm their spouse and their marriage, even if their intentions are good.
The Church has the solemn responsibility to uphold truth, and to do so with love. She has a vested interest in the good of both Catholics and non-Catholics, so she seeks the “common good” of all in society.
Illuminated by the faith that gives her an understanding of all the truth concerning the great value of marriage and the family and their deepest meaning, the Church once again feels the pressing need to proclaim the Gospel, that is the “good news,” to all people without exception, in particular to all those who are called to marriage and are preparing for it, to all married couples and parents in the world.